Here is a helpful resource page that I put together of all my favorite and most used products/services. I use these services on a regular basis and thought they may be of value to you. This is a good page to bookmark as I will be updating it often with more products/services I find that are helpful.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK, AT NO COST TO YOU, PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
- WP Engine – Creative Makery customers 2 free months on your first annual plan. Also migrate your existing WordPress site to their platform in minutes with WP Engine’s free Auto Migration plugin.
- NameCheap – This is the hosting service I use here at CreativeMakery.com. I love that their customer service is available 24/7 so if I’m working late at night I can still get help if needed. Want to setup your own WordPress blog or website? Follow my easy step by step tutorial.
- Haute Stock – I use these images on my site as well as in blog posts.
- SC Stockshop – What I love about this shop is the limit they place on how many times an image can be sold. If you are looking for images that are not already saturated on the web… take a look at this shop. Also, if you sign up for their newsletter, you’ll get a pack of free stock photos as a thank you, plus design tips and exclusive updates.
- Social Squares – These images are made specifically for your social media pages, in perfect squares. But, you can use them on your site as well.
- Canva – crop, rotate, and resize your photos with this site.
- PicMonkey – everything Canva can do plus much more. Add dazzling filters, special effects and fonts to your photos!
- BeFunky – this is another great image editing tool. I use this quite often.
Legal Documents – are you protected?
- Businessese – Get contracts, privacy policies and other templates for your blog or business.
- The Contract Shop – This is another site that offers contracts, privacy policies and other templates.
Email Newsletter Subscription
- MailChimp – I use this for Creative Makery’s email subscription service. It’s free if you have under 2,000 subscribers. There is a small monthly fee for those who have over 2,000 subscribers.
- ConvertKit – This app was specifically developed for bloggers and online creators. You can configure it to your WordPress website so that your form appears at the end of every blog post, automation and autoresponder series.
- Genesis eNews Extended – This is the subscribe box I use in all of my themes including my own here at Creative Makery. Works with Feedburner, MailChimp, Aweber, FeedBlitz, and more.
- Gravity Forms – I use Gravity Forms for my contact page. I can customize the form any way I want. You can visit my Contact Page to see an example of a Gravity Form.
- Ninja Forms – This is a free form builder. I use this on Creative Makery.
- WP101 – New to WordPress? Learn WordPress faster with WP101 simple video tutorials. Watch this video called “What is WordPress“.
- W3Schools – This is a must have bookmark of mine for coding. I reference this page a lot. I can’t always remember every single code and I swear I always learn something new each time I visit this site.
- Creative Market – My number one go to site to find the perfect custom font to use on my site and a great place if your in search of a logo.
- Google Fonts – Some of the fonts I use on CreativeMakery.com come from Google Fonts.
- WordMark – See all the fonts on your computer at once. This is by far one of the most helpful tools! Go ahead and try it now – right click on the link and open in a new browser tab and follow the simple instructions.
- CSS Font Stack – Get the css code for all the basic fonts
- [eafl id=”21094″ name=”” text=”Free Personal & Commercial Use Fonts”] – A great resource for free personal & commercial use fonts.
- ShareaSale – Out of all the affiliate programs, this is the one I use the most and make the most money from (your results may vary). You can find companies such as StudioPress, PicMonkey, and WP Engine that use ShareASale.
Framework for WordPress
- Genesis Framework – Genesis provides comprehensive SEO settings, rock-solid security, cool custom widgets, & a huge selection of designs that make your site look the way you want it to. Click here to see why Genesis is the Smart Choice for your WordPress Blog.
- Instagram Feed – My #1 Instagram plugin to use. You can see an example of it at the very bottom of my theme. It uses a simple short code so you can place the Instagram Feed anywhere on your site.
- Simple Social Icons – This widget is super easy to use and customize. I use this on CreativeMakery.com.
- Responsive Soliloquy Slider– This is my favorite photo slider plugin to use. I use this on Creative Makery, as well.
- SeedProd’s Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode – If you would like to display a “Coming Soon” or “Under Maintenance” page so that your visitors can’t see the changes you are making to your site – I highly recommend SeedProd’s Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode. I use this when I’m making changes to my own site.
- Image Widget – I use this widget for the circle or squares Welcome Picture and Message that you see on the sidebars.
- Akismet – When I first started using WordPress I was receiving over 100 spam comments a day. It drove me absolutely crazy so I gave Akismet a try and now no more spam comments flooding my email.
- LinkWithin– This shows the related stories under each posts on my blog – where it says ‘You May Also Like:’.
- WP Super Cache – WP Super Cache is a caching plugin for WordPress. It generates html files without processing heavy PHP scripts. This plugin will speed up your WordPress blog significantly.
- W3 Total Cache – This plugin improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
- Optimize Images – Resize, optimize, and compress all of your images with this 100% free WordPress image smusher.
eCommerce Shopping Carts
- WooCommerce – This is the shopping cart we are using on this site and love it. You can use WooCommerce to sell physical or digital products.
- Easy Digital Downloads – If you are only selling digital products then this is a quick and easy shopping cart service to use.
- Moo – I love, LOVE using Moo.com for my business cards. They are a bit pricey but the quality is amazing. Plus they offer several different kinds of business cards that no other company I found offers. A great way to make your business standout.
- Overnight Prints – I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered a set of free business cards from Overnight Prints. I was very happy with how they turned out.
Disclosure: Some of these links above are affiliate links meaning Creative Makery earns commission if you purchase through those links. All the products and services mentioned above are recommended based off of my personal experience with them and not because of the commission Creative Makery may earn. Creative Makery is not responsible for any products ordered from our affiliate merchants and we cannot be held responsible for any actions of our affiliated merchants. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. You can read my full disclosure here.